Every now and then I like to branch out from the my more, simple designs, and go for something more challenging. The landmark models I’ve been working on and have a nice stepping stone, as they provide me a real world reference, but still leave the style of the overall model to me. I enjoyed doing these, and will likely continue in the future, but I wanted to use the same design principles for other, non-geographical models. In this case, movie props!
So, I started with arguably the most iconic head gear ever worn. Darth Vader’s classic helmet. It was a significantly harder challenge than some of my other models, but I was feeling amazingly motivated yesterday and needed a good challenge, so, after many a hour of reference image searches, and many, many restarts, I finally managed to make something I was super proud off!
Hopefully the next time I go to do a project like this, that same level of motivation will show up again, as it feels great to tackle such a complicated project and come out victorious!